This course is specifically for participants to gain the knowledge and skills for making the appropriate job role decisions around implementing data models and reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
This course is designed for BI Developers who most-likely focus on hands-on work creating the BI solution including implementing multi-dimensional data models, implementing and maintaining OLAP cubes, and creating information displays used in business decision making. Primary responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Working with large data sets across multiple database systems
- Cube/warehouse/views fundamentals
- Data model decisions: Unified Dimension Model (UDM) versus Business Intelligence Semantic Model (BISM)
- Develop Cubes and Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) queries to support analysts
- Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cube performance
- Building pivot tables from cubes
- Building PowerPivot solutions
- Design and test report models, layouts and templates
- Manage reporting system: configuration and subscriptions
- Using report builder to create reports
- Develop complex SQL queries for reports
- Building reports Using Crescent
This training course on implementing data models and reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 prepares participants for the Microsoft Exam 70-466.